Last summer, Carolina Clubs from Los Angeles to Cumberland County helped send future
Tar Heels off to the Southern Part of Heaven in style at informal get-togethers, barbecues
and pool parties. They gathered again this spring to welcome newly admitted students in
their areas. Across the country, Carolina Clubs are more than just a way to stay connected to
UNC's past through fellow alumni; they also are an important way to have an impact on
tomorrow's Carolina leaders as well. To get involved, contact Jennie Hemingway at
(919) 962-6705 or e-mail her email@example.com.
For 1II0re information about local activities,
call your local c1l1b leader or, af tlte GAA, call
Linda Rainey ' 95 (MA) at (919) 962-3576
or Jermie Hemil1gway at (919) 962-6705.
Don 'fforget to visit Carolina Clllbs J#b pages
Above, from left, freshmen Tyler Nace and Michael
Harrer, with sophomore Libby Mohn.
Above right, From left,Jeff Gonzalez, Christian
Cristobal, Nan Abaladejo, Ian Faushnik and Tom
Nicholson ' 77 at the Cumberland County sendoff.
From Portland, Ore.to Priceless Gems: Christin
Ingram and Conor Jones.
Above, Rhode Island students
bound for Carolina, clockwise
from top left: Carolyn
Haynsworth, Megan Cornog,
Amanda Fogle-Oonmoyer, Nate
Talbert and larry Menard.
Carolina 9021 0:
los Angeles area students Cathy
Watts, left, and Robyn Beckford
talk with a UNC sophomore.
• April 9: Admitted Student Reception,
4-6 p.m. at the home of CamI (' 66) and
Blake Young ' 65,810 Arden Close NW
Contacf:Tanea Pettis ' 95, (919) 843-9694.
• April 1: UNC vs. Hopkins Lacrosse game
and Pig Pickin', Lacrosse Foundation at
COlltact:Taylor Classen ' 86, (410) 547-3015 or
Cape Fear (Wilmington, N.C.)
• March 16: Social, Bull McCabe's at
5: 30 p.m.
• April 20: Social,AJeigh's at 5: 30 p.m.
• April 29: Family Picnic, Wrightsville
Contact: Christopher Jones ' 93, (910)
791-1437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 6: Speaker event,James Dean of the
Kenan-Flagler Business School, location
TBD, 6: 30 p.m.
Contact: Patricia Col/ins, (919) 962-9252.
Emerald Coast (pensacola, Fla.)
• April 29: John Shelton Reed event,
Pensacola Junior College
Contact: Damian Taylor ' 90, (850) 434-7298
COYltact: Lisa Bay VcJgelbacker ' 96,
• March 21: L.A. Kings Hockey Night,
(310) 319-2011 or lisabay@Smarifumiture.com.
• March 30: Happy Hour and networking
event, location TBD, 6 p.m.
• May 10: Speaker Series, location TBD,
Contact: Ixchel Rene ' 92, (305) 945-5881 or
Contact:joltn Haber ' 70, (212) 575-9710 x. 143
• April 10: Admitted Student Reception,
Gallager's Steak House.
• April 14: Beauty alld the Beast Performance,
Bob Carr Performing Arts Center, 8 p. m.
• May 6: Barbecue with Tampa Bay Club,
Contact: ,,,, email@example.com.
Washington D.C., D.C. Young Alumni
and Black Alumni of Greater
• April 9: New Student Reception, St.AJbans
Church, at intersection of Massachusetts
Ave. and Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington,
Contact:Ann Mu.rr), ' 72, (301) 983-8286.
C AROLINA AL UMN I R EV I EW